October 25th, 2014
Important Announcement from the Board
Dear Friends and Supporters of WPPC Nepal Foundation,
Due to an unexpected recent series of illnesses and surgeries affecting key members of our Hope for Freedom 2014 Gala planning committees, the WPPC Nepal Foundation Board of Directors has elected to temporarily postpone our annual fundraiser scheduled for Saturday, November 22, 2014. This will provide those affected the time necessary to recoup and return to good health. We will reschedule this important event at the earliest opportunity. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you and look forward to seeing you in the not too distance future.
We will also be kicking off our ‘Give Thanks, Give Hope’ fundraising & child sponsorship drive in November. Look for more information on our website and newsletters over the next few weeks and help us change the lives of women and children in Nepal in 2015.
With gratefulness for your partnership,
The WPPC Nepal Foundation Board of Directors
Fighting against human trafficking and changing lives one woman, one child at a time.
- To fight against and prevent trafficking and sexual exploitation of women and children.
- To provide safe housing to rescued women and children.
- To empower women by providing a livelihood through vocational training, income generating opportunities, employment and continued education.
- To help heal survivors of human trafficking and assist them to return to their society with respect and dignity.
- To advocate for, and to provide, healthcare resources for survivors.
- To increase awareness about the issue of trafficking and HIV/AIDS to at risk children and families within Nepal as well as globally.
About WPPC Nepal Foundation:
WPPC Nepal Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization registered in the State of Washington. The main role of the foundation is to protect woman and children who have either been a victim of trafficking or are at risk of being trafficked. At WPPC Nepal Foundation we fight against trafficking and the sexual exploitation of women and children. We provide support to returned and rescued women and children by providing long term service and other opportunities. WPPC Nepal Foundation supports programs that help victims of trafficking, most notably programs operated by the.Women's Prevention and Protection Center (नारी संरक्षण तथा सुरक्षा केन्द्र) in Hetauda, Nepal. The foundation also plays a vital role to raise funds and increase awareness about the human trafficking problem of Nepal in the United States and globally within Nepali and international communities. The foundation also supports and partners with other organization in Nepal and India for various projects to fight against trafficking including rescue, reintegration, awareness and prevention.